- “Cognitive Scaffolding, Aids to Reflection,” forthcoming in Distributed Cognition in Enlightenment and Romantic Culture, ed. Miranda Anderson, George Rousseau, and Michael Wheeler (Edinburgh UP).
- “Baillie’s Diagnostic Sublime,” European Romantic Review 29.3 (June 2018). [read at ERR by subscription, or download author eprint copy]
- “Social Minds in Romanticism,” Literature Compass 14.2 (February 2017).
- “Wordsworth between Minds,” in Multi-Media Romanticisms, ed. Andrew Burkett and James Brooke-Smith, Romantic Circles Praxis series (November 2016)
- “Ossian’s Folk Psychology,” ELH 80.3 (Fall 2013).
- “Reading One’s Own Mind: Hazlitt, Cognition, Fiction,” European Romantic Review 24.4 (2013). [read at ERR – by subscription or download author eprint]
- “Lyric Mindedness and the ‘Automaton Poet,’” in Romantic Numbers, ed. Maureen N. McLane, Romantic Circles Praxis Series (April 2013).
- “Psyche’s ‘Whisp’ring Fan’ and Keats’s Genealogy of the Secular,” Studies in Romanticism 50.3 (Fall 2011).
- “Orality, Primitivism, and Poetry’s Mediated Publics” (Review of James Mulholland, Sounding Imperial: Poetic Voice and the Politics of Empire, 1730-1820), forthcoming in The Eighteenth Century: Theory and Interpretation.
- Review of Robert Mitchell, Experimental Life: Vitalism in Romantic Science and Literature, Studies in Romanticism 54.4 (Winter 2015).
- Review of Anna Neill, Primitive Minds: Evolution and Spiritual Experience in the Victorian Novel, Nineteenth-Century Literature 69.4 (March 2015).
- “Cognition, Culture, Romanticism: A Review Essay,” co-written with Colin Jager, Romanticism and Victorianism on the Net 57-58 (February-May 2010).